[pct-l] Seeking Advice on PCT footwear and other stuff

Valerie - Didn't mean to sound too mean. It's just that I saw so many fine
people suffer because of blisters that I feel somewhat compelled to tell
people what to expect from wearing random footwear. Don't you agree something
is amiss when such a large percentage of people trash their feet? I'm just
saying the only way to remedy the problem is to try a new approach, or
perhaps an old one. What would really help is for people who have been there
and done that to tell future hikers what did and didn't work for them. Many
people didn't wear hiking boots simply because they weigh more than sneakers.
I'm just saying that weight shouldn't be the deciding factor. I think the
real problem is that many hikers start out committed to basically untested
unbroken in footwear. Perhaps the answer is simply more hiking experience
before attempting a thru hike to get a better feel of what works and doesn't
work for each individual. True, hiking in a variety of footwear is both
costly and time consuming but I'm a firm believer in dues paying and starting
at the bottom rather than the top. I'd run a 10 K before a 26 mile marathon
and pitch 70 mph before pitching 90 mph and learn algebra before attempting
calculus. So why not a section hike or two before trying to eat the whole
enchilada? (That was my strategy) Hope your business is doing well!