From: Ginny & Jim Owen <spiritbear2k@hotmail.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>; <trailtrash@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Watches, was Buy and Mail Re-supply

"Jerry" <trailtrash@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Another is, it can be used as a compass somehow........
> > Sly
>Veeery tough to do with a modern digital watch......   ;o)
>Jerry

Don't see why - my watch is digital --- and has a compass.  Fairly accurate,
too.

Walk softly,
Jim

PS - It also has an altimeter.  Now if they'd just include a GPS, mini-TV,
CB radio, MP3 player and Internet access we'll never be lost, never be out
of touch ---- and never figure out what a thruhike is really about.