[pct-l] ass packwards

might anyone have a suggestion for my dilemma?

the situation:

-i am 5’3”
-currently sporting a 2.8 lb, trimmed jansport minimalist
-and trying to keep my pack weight at a minimum for some ld hiking

the problems:

1) the worst part is that the pack is too long for my torso; therefore,
        it pounds incessantly someplace near my tailbone.  to put
        it crassly, my @$$ gets quite sore by the end of the day.
        yes, this even happens when my heavier items are
        centrally placed within my pack.  (am i mistaken?  should
        the heavier items of my pack not be centrally placed?)

2) i’ve a smaller waste, so i can’t get the hip belt to go tight
        enough.

3) the adjustable straps connected to the shoulder harness are
        cinched as tightly as possible, yet still not tight enough.

the question:

does anyone know of an internal frame pack (preferably not too much more
than a hundred bucks) that might fit me better and still weigh only a few
pounds?

oh, yes, and i’m in love with the long, vertical, external pouch that my
minimalist has.  i’d be thrilled if the suggestion also had something
similar to this pocket.

grateful for any input,

zorra