[pct-l] Fw: Lowe Ophir packs for review

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Gear Tester=20
To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 3:07 PM
Subject: Lowe Ophir packs for review

The next item up for review (5 of them, actually) is the Lowe Ophir =
pack. Andrew Kelley from Lowe described this pack as "Let's start with =
the Ophir and bill it as an excellent introductory pack for the new =
backpacker.  It has many of the features and qualities of more expensive =
packs at a fraction of the cost.  As you know, backpacks are not like =
clothes, kids shouldn't be asked to "grow into them.". You can see the =
pack at http://www.lowealpine.com/3/home/fr_hm_l.htm . Select " US and =
Canada Packs". From the drop down list select "Ophir". This pack comes =
in s/m and m/l and has a MSRP or $139.00. This test series has a special =
requirement. The testers must be Boy Scouts. The Troop Scoutmaster must =
apply for the test slot. The packs must remain property of the Troop to =
be used as loaners to Scouts that don't have a pack of their own. When I =
suggested this arraignment as our first review for Lowe Andrew was very =
enthusiastic. I love win-win situations. BTW we will be testing to other =
packs and some rain gear for Lowe. That is just what we've agreed on so =
far. It appears we will be a normal outlet for introducing new Lowe =
gear. Applications are being taken now. You must state (and really be) a =
Scoutmaster, agree to use the pack in the intended manner, and agree =
that the pack will remain property of the Troop.=20
Thanks,
Jerry

ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE BACKPACKGEARTEST LIST! ALL =
REPLIES AND QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS CALL FOR TESTERS MUST BE MADE THROUGH =
THE BACKPACKGEARTEST LIST!=20

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---