[pct-l] Re: [at-l] I need a cold weather stove

I think a lot of people diss the msr stoves because they clog up. The reason
they clog up is because the jet is so tiny and any impurities in the fuel
tends to jam in it. This reduces fuel flow causing inefficient burning which
causes carbon to build up which reduces fuel flow even more and on and on. I
once completely took apart a whisperlite, hooked up the pump to the tube,
pressurized it, opened the valve and watched as the fuel spurt out the jet.
Then I watched as a piece of something clogged the jet.  I tried pouring
Coleman gas through a coffee filter one time and was amazed at all the stuff
left behind