[pct-l] Bart Smith slide show

Bart Smith, photographer for the book "Along the Pacific Crest Trail" gave a
slide show for the club I belong to here in Bremerton last night. Now I've
seen hundreds of slide shows and maybe I'm partial to the PCT but this was
the finest slide show I've ever seen. Bart has a gift (no, let's say genius
gift) not only for composing pictures and being in the right place at the
right time, but also for capturing the essence of being on the PCT. It took
him five years and over 300 rolls of film to compose his treasure. I predict
that someday very soon he will be quite famous for his nature photography and
in great demand for shows. There were many slides not in his book and it was
almost eerie in the way he seemed to get animals to lose their shyness of man
and literally come forward and pose for pictures. I was particularly
enthralled by one of a simple marmot with a grand valley vista behind him.
The marmot had an expression of "yes this is my home, I'm quite proud of it
and I know I must let you enter but please don't mess with it." We were
simply stunned by his photography and immediately signed him up for an
Appalachian Trail show in the near future, and perhaps one on the Grand
Canyon. So if he ever comes your way for a slide show, don't you DARE miss
him!