[pct-l] Re: Prototype Pack-More Info

Have you personally beta tested your new design yet? I mean, with an =
actual one- or two-night trip in the woods?

You have created a product for a niche that you know well, so why not =
take it out for a spin yourself? I know from experience that no matter =
how thoroughly you think you've thought things through, reality tends to =
shred "solid" assumptions and expose problems the designer never even =
thunk of in the first place. And sometimes a solution to one problem =
creates another. How does suspending the bear canister and water bag =
from the stays work in actual practice? How will it work for people who =
don't use a bear canister or a water bag? How does it work if you use a =
bear canister but not a water bag, and vice versa? Does drinking the =
water during the day throw the balance off? From a marketing standpoint, =
you will have to sell the concept before you can sell the pack.

Remember the old saying, "Perfection is realized not when there is =
nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away."

Don't take this negatively, because it is intended only to point out =
reality.

In the final analysis, I applaud your efforts. A lot of people talk -- =
very few people do.

-- Bob M
  ----- Original Message -----=20