[pct-l] Eagle Creek/ Tunnel Falls? Scary?

Terri,

The Eagle Creek trail is an excellent choice for a first time backpacking
experience. It is arguably the best trail in the State. It is also the most
traveled. Especially on weekends. Going mid-week you'll find lot's more
solitude.

The trail rises gradually as it climbs into the gorge, with no steep climbs.
There are numerous waterfalls all along the trail with some wonderful
campsites starting about 5 miles in.

There are a couple of sections with shear drop offs a couple hundred feet
down to the creek.  But the trail is pretty wide and there are steel cables
bolted into the rock wall. Worst case would be to grab hold of the cable and
not look down.

Many families with very young children frequent the trail with no
difficulties.

Ron
Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
www.fallingwater.com/pct2000