[pct-l] Butch Wiggs and PCT resupply

So sad about Butch.  I went through VVR on my '98 throughhike.  At one
point, I remember Butch asking me if there was anything else he could get
me.  I jokingly replied that a bag of carrots and some dates would be
awesome.  I was astonished and very grateful the next day when he handed me
a paper bag with some carrots and dates.  He refused to accept any money for
them.  i don't know how he got them.  the place was magic.  you could feel
it in the air.  when i think of the high sierra and even the PCT, i think of
VVR.  it represented to me what i love about wilderness.  in wilderness,
things and people are different.  life seems more as it should be, and VVR
seemed to me to be a little island of peace and humanity hidden up there in
the sierra wilderness in the midst of this mad "civilized" world.  a place
where life was more simple and full of heart.  and Butch was VVR.  with
Butch gone, it feels as if even the sierra wilderness has lost its
innocence.  that hurts.  my thoughts are with you Butch.  I wish you
peace....

doug