[pct-l] Just a little something

<< Your spirit will fly above them, so light and so free,
 Watching them walk all those miles that they see.
 And as they arrive at your haven of hikers in the Valley,
 They all lay their flowers in hopes that you will see,
 All the love and caring, that they have for thee.

 May you always rest in peace…………  >>

Thanks, Valerie.  I hope someone has the chance to read at least this last
few lines at a service for Butch.  It says very well what a lot of us would
like to express, if we could put the words together.

I ran into Butch at VVR last year when my son, Greg, and I were hiking the
JMT.  I was up early after a pretty cold and stormy night.  The restaurant
wasn't open yet, but a light, and the coffee pot, were on.  Butch invited me
in for a cup and a warm seat.  He looked out after all of us, as best he
could.