[pct-l] Tom's Thru-hike advide

In a message dated 1/29/2001 11:52:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
staggerinwillie@hotmail.com writes:

<< I left the trail in October having hiked close to 2000 miles-- having had
 one of the very best spring/summer/falls of my life, I have a hard time
 thinking of the trip as a failure.  I question this winners/losers
 distinction.

 Staggerin' Willie
 Charter Member of T.H.A.T.H.
 (Thru-Hikers Against Thru-Hiking)

Staggerin' Willie, is that your real name?  You're a loaf, an oportunist and
an anti-purist!  Also, you didn't complete the trail in a single year, how
could you possibly have a good time?

Was it your pack weight?  ; )

Sly