(Guest Post) [pct-l] RE: PCT questions to you post

Jon-

In fact, my refrence to a Slinglight chair was somewhat
tongue-in-cheek....something an ultra-light packer would never consider.

What constitutes comfort is obviously a personal thing. My experience is
that a "convient rock, tree or whatever" doesn't necessarly coincide with my
need to take a rest, a water source location, decent shade or a breeze.  The
result is that one simply pushes on to "that perfect spot".....maybe 5 miles
down the road....... and too many miles on his feet.

My personal, non thruhiking plan is to stop every hour. I set my timer for
55 miniutes and insist on stoping within 10 miniutes unless I am on one of
those obnoxious, shadeless, chappperal slopes that you have probably erased
from your memory. A quick draw Slinglight chair creates that "convient rock,
tree or whatever" whenever the other appropriate conditions [typically
shade] exist.

Tom