[pct-l] Resupply Questions from Amigo

Hola Folks...

A few questions from those tried and true.  I am
looking into finishing the last 1000 miles of the
trail this summer, beginning exactly where I left off.
 As far as all goes, I am prepared for all but two
things.   May I ask you:

What are the bugs going to do to me in mid June in
southern Oregon?
More importantly, I "shopped as I went" through
California (with the exception of three mailings - Mt.
Laguna, Warner Springs, and Kennedy Meadows).  I hear
Oregon and Washington begin to get scarce.  Based on a
general estimate of resupplying approximately every
70-80 miles, what areas are a MUST for sending
packages to?  I am of the type who can resupply out of
almost any store.  I'd appreciate the names of places
any smaller than approximately Belden, for it was the
only "scary" spot for me to resupply this last summer.

Secondly, I'm on the lookout for a female backpack
that holds about 3000c. and is under three pounds.
Any recommendations?  Kelty's best?

Gracias!