[pct-l] My advice on thruhiking

Brick wrote me-
I find it interesting that a person like yourself who has never thru hiked,
and doesn't plan to thru hike, and doesn't even think the concept of thru
hiking is a good one is so forthcoming in advice for thru
hikers................

For new members who don't know me, Brick's comments above are correct. My
advice [such as it is] about thruhiking is based on observation and analysis
rather than direct experience. One should keep this in mind when evaluating
what I say.

Most of the recomendations based on experience that you will read on this
list is from thruhikers who suceeded. The winners stick around while the
losers slink off to lick their wounds and leave this list to the
victorous---or so it seems.

There are lessons to be learned from those who don't succede.