(Guest Post) [pct-l] RE: PCT questions to you post

>  I've climbed Rainier with people who turned around because they simply
>did not place much importance on reaching the summit. Their goal was simply
>to experience being on the mountain. They tried climbing it and found it
>wasn't to their liking. They had a great time and there is no doubt in my
>mind that they could have made the summit if they so chose. It just wasn't
>important enough to them to suffer for it. I've seen others literally crawl,
>puking their guts out because the summit meant that much to them. Who's
>right? Neither and both, depending on your point of view.

Yes! Thank you. That is exactly what I think too. I understand those
who have a need to work their way to the summit, but I am one of
those who feels that being out there and doing my personal best
without 'puking my guts out' is just the BEST feeling in the world.

Saskia
--
"If this is paradise, I wish I had a lawn mower"