[pct-l] Low snow cover to date

all i know is that when i did tahoe to whitney in 98' it was over 200% of normal snowfall and it was hard to stay on the trail.  snow covered much of the trail for miles.   ...and this was in July!

there is a lot of day to go before we can say for sure...  but I am planning on doing Tahoe to Yosemite this summer and 50% of normal would be fine by me as long as there is still plenty of water.  I am really not sure how that would affect water supplies.  I mean, i know that there would be less, but in 98' there was a stream about every mile at least.

dunno if that helps.

peace,
Dude in TX