TRIP plus Re: **Understanding** Re: [pct-l] FW: Hiker killed onWhitney

At 10:34 AM -0800 1/27/01, Bighummel@aol.com wrote:
>Rich writes:
>

><< One thing I recall is that most accidents happen at home-- >>
>
>So, then, for God's sake!  DONT STAY HOME!! GET OUT QUICK AND STAY OUT!!!
>
>Best regards,
>
>Greg "Strider" Hummel
>_

Some "evidence"--

Days available to get hurt last year = 365 or so.

Days in tent, out on trail or trailhead campground = about 230
 (or more- over 7.5 months Mar-December- several sections
and many peaks)

Down/Accident days on trail = 0

Down/Accident days at home = 4 and counting.

Rich

PS-

Oh- if my ankle is doing better we are  going in mid Feb to climb Roger's peak
over Donahue pass for a true winter trip- trailhead is June Lake..
you are invited. You should  have several winter trips under your belt and
be proficient with ice-axe and crampons.