[pct-l] bikes on the PCT

In a message dated 1/25/2001 7:37:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scourtway@bpa-arch.com writes:

<< this unofficial scrawl looked more like a possesive maintenance volunteer
than official business.
 a more appropriate notice might be (on official placard) "biking prohibited
by Federal Law" >>

It's fairly easy to see that the stickers can be peeled off, which I'm sure
most bikers do upon riding a trail.  Ignorance of the law is a lame defence.
I'd have to believe any biker that rides the PCT knows they are in violation
of the law.  I was told once that mountain biker magazines encourage use on
non-biker trails in order to support their cause.  Why not build your own
trail?

It's most likely a concerned person scrawled a reminder of the law.

Sly