[pct-l] Complaint about Red's Meadow pricing for packages--

At 12:16 AM -0000 1/25/01, ROYROBIN@aol.com wrote:
  Don't knock Red's for charging what the traffic will bear.  It's a
>short season.

Well- I see your point-- don't agree--- it is a SHORT season-- so that
is why they should be amicable, be "good" to hikers- foster a caring
reputation...and charge what is **needed** for
costs-- after all-- we don't have to resupply there...I won't again
for example.

And ok- it may not be price-fixing..but it certainly is gouging
as there costs come **no where** near $25 per package.  They
could also saying that don't want to bother...then the "appropriate"
thing to do is just no do it.. Down with cognitive dissonance.

Rich