[pct-l] Complaint about Red's Meadow pricing for packages--

<<  I have received this justification below from
 >Red's Meadow folks on why they charge $25 per package
 >for pickup....  Of course
 >they are entitled to make a profit however my analysis shows
 >this to be really out of line and is price-fixing as the(y) are the
 >only game in town I think. >>

Just to pick nits, if Red's is the only game in town, it can't be
price-fixing.  Obscene price-gouging, yes.  But Price-fixing, by definition,
requires two or more "competitors" to get together to hand it to the
customers.  (Kind of like our electrical power generators under so-called
deregulation.)

I resupplied at Red's last year to save some time.  (Planned before I had
checked out the pricing details.)  It's not necessary, and I wouldn't do it
again.  If nobody used their service, they would still have to pick up their
mail.  Don't knock Red's for charging what the traffic will bear.  It's a
short season.