From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Ted Rupp
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 11:55 AM
To: cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] RE: drying food

If you are drying food that requires the fine screen to keep the items from
falling through, rather than buying the commercial screens, I recommend
buying a section of nylon screen material (screendoor screen) and using the
original screen as a cutting guide.  The screen can be easily cut with an
utility knife and is much more flexible and easily cleaned than the
comercial screen.  I actually prefer the homemade screens to the one
provided by the manufacturer.