[pct-l] Body changes from the trail

 Many body parts do change during a long hike. For one , both Carl and Greg
are much uglier than they use to be. This may be in part to their choice of
packs other than the trail. ( Just kidding!!) As far as flat feet and proper
foot gear goes, the porters in the himalayas didn't even wear shoes low in
the mountains. I would say flat feet  is just your bodies way of adapting. I
started at 195lbs. and finished at 157lbs. I was lean at the start even at
195 from college wrestling but soon lost all upper body mass. ( If you don't
use it , you lose it) My legs  soon looked like a body builder's while my
upper body looked like " Prisoner of War". Many of my friends ( ok, I don't
have any friends but let's say people I know) showed this same body
transformation last year on the trail. Also many top Mt. Climbers show up at
Everest each year looking like porkers rather than super climbers. Of course
the weight quickly comes off so maybe you do tend to " Over Gain" after
pushing your body through a stavation diet  at so time during your life