[pct-l] Re: Dehydrating sausage/hot dogs?

You definately want to leave the salami in a chunk with the skin on. I don't know about
life in the drop box, it won't spoil so long as it doesn't get too damp. It will drip
grease though as it starts to dry out. You could try shipping it inside a seperate
cardboard box inside your drop box. Then the cardboard would absorb any moisture. You
would have to wrap everything else up really well, or the whole box will reek of salami.
I do know that the better quality deli salamis (especially the kosher ones) travel
better than the grocery store kind.

Katt