[pct-l] Permanent physical changes from LD hike?

In a message dated 1/22/01 9:51:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
csiechert@hotmail.com writes:

> During the trip I developed a little (1x2x4 cm) pocket of fat on each hip

Boy, Carl, I sure could use a little padding on MY hip bones where the waist
belt rides. To what do you attribute this specific area's increase?  I left
the PCT after reaching Scissors Crossing in '94 because my hip bones couldn't
take the pack weight any more.

After replacing my waist belt with a newer style, things are better now, but
there is always room for improvement. I still need to hike with foam pads
over my hip bones.

Charlie Jones

multipart/alternative
  text/html