[pct-l] the perfect hat

My perfect summer hiking hat is a cotton "bush" type hat, with a three
inch brim all around, a drawstring cord, and snaps on the side to snap
up the brim when desired.  The full brim prevents sunburn on the tops of
my ears.  On hot days I soak it in every stream I cross and let the
water trickle down my back.  Every outer layer I have must have a hood
which I layer on as the weather worsens.  When hiking in the rain the
cotton hat goes under the rain jacket hood with the brim sticking out to
keep water out of my eyes.  I never hike without a polyester fleece
jacket with pockets, a full front zipper and a hood.  That configuration
of fleece is hard to find, but worth the search.   I have converted some
thrift store bargain hooded pullover fleece jackets by adding full front
separating zippers.
Marion Davison