[pct-l] Credo Clarification

Talking about large knives on the trail: in 1997 when we were hiking
the Hoh River Trail (Olympic National Park) we met two young guys.
One was carrying an unsheathed machete (the kind you see in movies
about people who have to cut their path through the jungle)! I
suppose he took the dangers of the trail very seriously... The Hoh
River Trail (at the time) was well-maintained in slightly mountainous
terrain.