From: Dusybasin@aol.com [mailto:Dusybasin@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 9:12 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: canisters in tent

Other than the obvious violation of some wilderness or national park
regulation,
why does it not make good sense to keep food inside your tent when you only
have properly stored dry, dehydrated, nonperishable edibles cleanly within
almost airtight containers ( like the better grades of zip-locks )?

A biologist friend of mine told me that when sleeping, the smell of food
escaping from our breath is easily detected by any animals/varmints, and
there is no way to diminish that.

Dusy