[pct-l] ice axes

My axe is really 60CM. This is still too short for me

-----Original Message-----
From: AsABat [mailto:aa6j@amsat.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 3:29 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] ice axes

From: "Reynolds, WT" <reynolds@iLAN.com>
The Stubai ice axe comes with a strap and point cover for about $60-70 via
the Internet from Austria. My 50cm model weighs 13 ounces

Tom, 50cm??? That's only 20 inches. My 90cm may be a bit long, but not 40cm
worth. As I recall you and I are about the same size - how does the 50cm
work for you in self arrest? My back aches thinking about bending over
enough to use it for balance.

AsABat