[pct-l] PCT GPS gadgets

At 02:45 AM 1/16/01 , Saskia wrote:
>However, I type much faster than I write and I could possibly send my
>reports home by mobile phone (infrared ports connecting the two). Love to
>hear more opinions about this idea.

I know of several hikers who started out with Palms, then switched to the
Sharp TM20 (6 oz) with Pocket Mail, mostly due to weight, and a much
simpler interface (acoustic modem) with public telephones. Pocket Mail now
has an interface for the Palm too. (however the modem is 5.5 oz on top of
the weight of your palm)

http://www.pocketmail.com/products/

All they were using it for was journal entries anyway. A palm is a bit of
overkill for that.

-Brick