[pct-l] PCT GPS gadgets

I have been wondering whether it would be useful to bring my
PalmPilot. I have almost decided against it, because of:
- problems with charging the battery
- not very sturdy stuff, afraid to break it
- the romance of my loyal little note books and pens
- the fact that technology kinda dissonates with nature
However, I type much faster than I write and I could possibly send my
reports home by mobile phone (infrared ports connecting the two).
Love to hear more opinions about this idea.

Saskia