[pct-l] PCT GPS gadgets

Howdy listers,
I was browsing web sites the other day looking for Palm Pilot programs
and saw several that linked GPS and Palm Pilot.  As one of those who has
volunteered to help with the GPS mapping of the PCT, I wondered if any
of the programs would allow me to download waypoints from GPS to the
Palm Pilot, and hence to the computer.  I have a Garmin GPS III+.  That
would sure make it a lot easier.  I've even considered lugging my laptop
along rather than have to deal with handwriting 500 waypoints before
deletion so I can do it again, and again, etc.  The Palm Pilot is WAY
lighter than my laptop.
                  Jeff Jones