[pct-l] ice axes

Just read Jim's advice and found it sound. My advice for the PCT - short,
cheap and aluminum. If you have the bucks get lighter titanium. For
mountaineering and /or cross country travel - long and titanium. (Great as a
walkiing stick through windfalls and steep heather covered and forested
hillsides). Negative or positive - only matters to the gearheads. While wood
is cool, classic, (and no longer sold), I saw a head snap off of one during a
crevasse rescue practice. Good thing no one was in its way as it shot through
the air!