[pct-l] Virus Alert

Someone on PCT-L  is infected with the  W32/Hybris.gen@M Worm virus
( for info http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=98873 )

The mailing list software will prevent this Worm from propagating via the list, (I repeat: you CANNOT get the virus through the list!)  but if your email address is in the infected computers address book (as I am), you may receive an email:

From: Hahaha <hahaha@sexyfun.net>
Subject: Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!
with an ".exe" or ".scr" attachment.

Do not run the attachment!

If you already have, disconnect your computer from the net until you have cleaned the virus/worm. The worm will send emails without your knowledge if it can get a network connection.

This is a rather new virus (Nov 2000) so if you have not updated your virus software recently, it may not be detected.

Be careful out there.

-Brick