[pct-l] Arrests on the Snow

<< Go for a longer model ( ice axe) that can be used as a walking
 stick, instead of just a pack ornament. Get a snow basket for it and bring
 some little instep crampons. ( Of course Jardinites go later and may need
 zippo!!) Don't forget some Neon  Colored sun screen so you can Doctor your
 face like Alice Cooper when hiking over snow. >>

Or forget the insteps and carry the axe (wood-handled, of course), with snow
basket, and one nice, lightweight hiking pole for symmetry, i.e., balance.
Monte, we have quite a few Raiders fans around here right now and I shudder
to think of meeting any of them neon-painted skullheads on the trail!