[pct-l] nit picking know it alls

You know, I'm tired of being second guessed on every thing I advise or say
and apparently battling some of you for the title of Mr Know It All. I don't
need my credibility assailed on a daily basis.  The famous Canadian mountain
guide Conrad Kain had four rules for being a guide. 1. Never show any fear.
2. Pay special attention to the weakest member of the climbing party. 3. Tell
little white lies, when the occassion warrants it. 4. Tell someone off when
they have an attitude problem and threaten to ursurp your guiding advice.
It's definitely time for rule number four. If you are a know it all who is
forever bad mouthing those who have much experience in what they are talking
about, then screw you. Sp-ecifically, kicking into semi soft snow is an
excellent way to slow down before you pick up too much speed, especially when
the ice ax is just dragging through the snow without catching. But what the
hell do I know. I just helped out with a college mountaineering class and
taught dozens and dozens of people to self arrest.