[pct-l] Self-arresting near home

In a message dated 1/6/2001 8:13:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
blisterfree@surfree.com writes:

<< Subject: Re: [pct-l] Self Arrests
 Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:33:50 -0500

 >One way is to take a course.  Here is a pointer to one this February in the
 Adirondacks... The Adirondacks are hardly in SC, but they are a lot closer
 than California!  I'm taking the combo week long program this Feburary (but
 I live in Rochester, NY :-)). < >>

Some of the local ski areas may be able to help you out or atleast allow you
to use their slopes to practice up.  I was going to do that at a ski area in
MD, with a mountaineer, who was working there and willing to help me.  We
never did hook up, but if you call the areas here in NC............

Sly