[pct-l] self arrests

Well , I have seen too many accidents on snow, to agree with Ron that if
you don't know how to self arrest, you will just pick it up before you get
into a situation where you need it.

First major accidents do not always happen on large snow slopes.  Small
patchy snow can be very treacherous and often icey with no run out ( you
hit rocks before you stop).

Second, when the time comes to do a self arrest, you do not have time to
think about it, it has to be an immediate automatic response.  In the last
two accidents that I have seen, both people had had training in self
arrest, and neither one did it when the time came.

Joanne