[pct-l] losing ice ax on Mt. Reindeer

Monte - actually, I HAVE led about a dozen climbs of Rainier. The obvious
answer for that particular problem is to CARRY AN EXTRA ICE AX IN CASE
SOMEONE LOSES THEIRS FOR WHATEVER REASON. Problem solved. I wrote a whole
bunch more about legalists vs. situationalists but decided to delete it in
order to facilitate my quest to just relax and let things go. I ain't there
yet but haven't given up hope. Let's just say that for a variety of reasons I
no longer lead climbs but go solo instead so I can have the joy of being a
pure situationalist. Legalists - save your breath about the dangers of
climbing solo. I ain't listening. And if one tosses out the guidebook along
with the rules and just uses topo's instead, the climb can approach that of a
first ascent with all its joy of discovery. As in life, no rules, just
decisions. I do still love to go on group backpacking trips and day hikes
with the club I belong to. After all, no man is an island, right?