[pct-l] Forest Adventure pass

I live very close to the PCT in Apple Valley by the Mojave Narrows Dam,
and I like to use the PCT for winter weekend training hikes with my pack
llamas.  The trailhead parking lots I use require an Adventure Pass.
Imagine my chagrin in December when I discovered my annual pass had
expired in November.  I could not find any vendor in the High Desert who
could sell me an annual pass.  Apparently these are recalled at the end
of each year.  I was told I would have to go to a Forest Service office
( the closest being Mentone, Lytle Creek or Big Bear) to buy an annual
pass.  Then I went to the Forest Service website and learned something
else.  This year my husband qualified for a Golden Age Pass.  (age 62
and up).  If he goes to a forest service office he can buy an annual
pass for $15.00, which is half price.  That makes it worth the drive to
the mountains!  I just wanted to pass this on,  as it had never occurred
to us that the Golden Age Pass discount applied to the Adventure Pass.
This also goes for Golden Access Card holders, but it does not apply to
Golden Eagle Pass holders.  Check it out yourself at the website:
www.r5.fs.fed.us/angeles/html/adventurepass

Marion Davison