[pct-l] Trail Conditions

At 04:07 AM 1/4/01 , you wrote:
>I will have only the months of June and July to hike.  School begins this
>coming year on August 2.  Do you think it's too early to begin at Kennedy
>Meadows on June 2 or so?  Are there any options?

It depends on what the snow does between now and then.

Both Crabtree Meadows and Upper Tyndall creek snow pillows are showing
almost no snow.
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/snow/current/snow/pillowplots/Kern.html

It is not even that cold, with a low of 26F at Crabtree last night

You could probably hike Kennedy Meadows to VVR right now.

-Brick