Re: RE: [pct-l] Into Thin Air and The Climb

I've done a lot of Mountaineering, I've also done the PCT - The thing about
Everest is that it is much more short term, high risk-high gain.  I would
suggest you think about the comparison after you have walked from Campo to
Ashland and only have 2 more states to go.

Dude wrote:
.
I know that people do die on the PCT, but with the possible exception of
the lack of h2o in the desert, I just don't think the physical demands are
anywhere close to equal.  .

I've done a lot of Mountaineering, I've also done the PCT - The thing about
Everest is that it is much more short term, high risk-high gain, and with
lots of social contact, and long periods of relative inactivity
interspersed with shorter periods of intense activity.  I would suggest you
think about the comparison after you have walked from Campo to Ashland and
only have 2 more states to go.

The Big Dodge had something to say about the number of people that thruhike
the PCT compared to the number that top Everest.  As I remember, the
Everest summiters were more numerous than the PCT thruhikers at the time!

Goforth