[pct-l] Re: RE Biggest Difference between AT Thru-Hike

I thought the Ursack was having some serious difficulties this past bear season. The failed when
assaulted by bears, not necessarily park bears, more readily than had first been expected.

I'm considering a JMT through hike for next year and I'd love to use an Ursack instead of a bear
canister to save a couple of pounds, but am concerned with bears. Is the Ursack up to the challenge
now? By the way, I'd NOT have dinner where I would camp. I'd eat and then move down the trail at
least a mile  or so before calling it a night.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **

To:            "'CMountainDave@aol.com'" <CMountainDave@aol.com>, pct-l@backcountry.net