Re: [pct-l] Maildrop Locations

At 06:46 PM 12/22/00 , Brett Tucker wrote:
 >Brick says the store at T.M. is good for resupply,

Even the guidebook calls the store "surprisingly well stocked." Hell, you
can even buy packs and ground pads there, if you are not too picky.

>Rather than save time and money by shopping
>at our home grocery, we can tool all around the west coast in search of
>appropriately sized markets during our journey north.

Here we go with the "resupply as you go" vs "mail-drop" debate again.

Personally I would like to have all my basics already pre packaged and
waiting for me at the Post Office. I just bought to supplement.

Others prefer the adventure and variation of digging through the shelves of
a poorly stocked convenience store looking for food for the next 5 days.

Mailing may not always save money because Postage from the east coast to
the PCT is roughly twice what it is from the left coast.

I'm sure there is a happy medium, and lots just depends on personal
preference. ATers like to shop, probably because that is what they did
along the AT. PCT first timers probably mail more, because that is what the
guidebooks suggest....

-Brick

To:            <at-l@backcountry.net>, <pct-l@backcountry.net>, <nct-l@backcountry.net>, <cdt-l@backcountry.net>, <hatt@backcountry.net>, <tt@backcountry.net>, <ft-l@backcountry.net>, <pcta-l@backcountry.net>, <iat-l@backcountry.net>