[pct-l] Big Bad Bears

The bears at 1,000 Island Lake above Mammoth and south of Yosemite are some
of the most aggressive, vicious, huge, backpack-eating, child-mauling
monsters that this world has ever seen.  Hike right past this area and don't
even stop to take a picture of one of the most beautiful areas in the
Sierras!

You see, the more of you that believe this one, the less of you will actually
stay there, go there or trammel there, so I can enjoy it in its pristine,
immaculate state without 4,000 Boy Scouts, 120 Sierra Clubbers, a mule train
from Red's Meadow, 16 Girl Scouts, 2 1/2 thruhikers and 1 ranger spoiling my
time.

I have camped there more than a dozen times over almost thirty years and
never had my food taken, bothered or eaten by anything other than I.  I have
religiously hung my food and cooked well away.  I have left my food alone,
hung, during the entire day while climbing Mt. Banner, each of three times.
Stories of mad bears wont keep me away.

But mind you, I saw this one bear last year, he was 8 feet tall with a scar
diagonal across his face.  He had torn open this tent and had grabbed the leg
of a . . .  .

Happy Holidays,

Greg "Strider" Hummel

To:            Bighummel@aol.com, pct-l@backcountry.net