Re: [pct-l] Torn ACL - what to do?

Goforth,

Don't despair girl!  You have one of the toughest attitudes that I have ever
seen on this list or in person.  Your self drive is amazing.  Read about the
Olympian skier, Picabo Street, in Outside mag last month or the month
before.  She has blown out both knees twice!  The last time going 60+ into a
barrier, broke her tibula, torn ligaments in both, torn cartilage in one.  It
took her a while and several surgeries just to walk again and she is now well
on her way back, skiing and preparing for the winter Olympics in 2002!  She
thinks she has a shot to come back one more time!  Some good knee information
here and a lot of exercise info too.  Her advice?  Set small reasonable goals
and NEVER give up.

All of this made my upcoming cartilage repair seem like small peanuts and
took away that whisper in my ear that said "maybe your too old to doing this
stuff, Greg"

NEVER!  NEVER!  NEVER!

I can hear the frustration and despair in your letter, Goforth, hang in
there.  We are a community and care.  If not this year, then maybe it will be
next.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel