[pct-l] Shoes and raw feet and raw food

I wasn't going to say anything about shoes but as Popeye said: I yam what I
yam. If your feet get trashed then something is wrong. If they don't then
something is right and if it ain't broke then why fix it.
  My raw food consists of about five pounds of fresh veggies and fruit that I
buy at local grocery stores along the way or canned ones when fresh ain't
available. Fresh fruit and veggies taste SOOOO much better than dehydrated
ones. I just don't give a damn about the extra weight and no woosy ultralight
whose diet consists mainly of pouring boiling water over starchy pasta for
dinner and energy bars full of chemicals for breakfast and lunch is ever
going to change my mind. I must say that I REALLY, REALLY like the idea of
growing sprouts along the way and plan to adopt the practice immediately.
Thank you Doug for the tip.
  P.S. MY feet were NEVER wet in the Sierras except when I took off my boots
and waded across streams. To be completely honest, they did get wet after
several days of continuous rain in the Cascades.

To:            CMountainDave@aol.com, pct-l@backcountry.net