[pct-l] Scott Williamson update

On Sunday's post I revealed that Scott Williamson has not been heard from since late November, after supposedly bombing off the PCT in his failed yoyo attempt.  In the past few days I received messages from several people who took the initiative to make some calls and provide valuable info.  The conclusion we can reach so far is that Scott is most likely hiking on the PCT somewhere in Southern California.  This comes from Namie Bacile, who made some phone calls after being contacted by Donna Saufley in Agua Dulce.

Other news came from William Jennings, who recently checked trail registers from Warner Springs to Campo, told me he had not signed in on those registers yet.  I don't know about registers north of Warner Springs.  Ray Jardine made some calls and has a gut feeling that he is holed up somewhere in a cabin resting after a near-successful attempt at doing the yoyo.  Also, Dave Paulsen, the other yoyo hopeful this year, has not heard from Scott since he got off the trail.

While I am very optimistic Scott is okay, we still don't have any first-hand accounts of someone seeing him.  If anyone sees Scott or hears more news, please let me know or post it on the list.  Thanks to Donna, Namie, William, Helen Hillbert and Ray for getting involved in the search!

Best wishes to everyone for the holiday season!

Roger Carpenter

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---