[pct-l] NO Water in the Mohave Desert !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fellow Hikers - I just got back from visiting the central California coast and discovered something horrible while i was there.  There is a plan in place to pump the aquifer below the Mohave Desert COMPLETELY DRY!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a serious matter that will affect not only PCT hikers but all the wildlife inthe dessert.  What is ever worse is that they are planning to replace the aquifer with contaminated water!!

Here is a link to the whole article:
http://www.hopedance.org/issue25/4-articles25/mohavaqu.htm

I am planning on writing all of my congressmen and legislators to try and stop this.  If you want to keep the wilderness in this area of the PCT, I suggest you do the same.

peace,
Dude