Re: [pct-l] raw food

In a message dated 12/9/00 10:24:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, dougwalsh
writes:

> well, we're the only species that cooks our food.  and the only species that
> experiences degenerative disease.  i think the correlation is direct.

The Second Law Of Thermodynamics deals with the concept of entropy, or the
nature of things to wear out or proceed from order to disorder.  Early humans
ate a "raw diet" and lived less than half our current lifespan, on average.
For the above statement to be true would suggest that lifespan was an
open-ended question, whereas all human -- and animal -- systems are subject
to degenerative processes.  Nature says,  "It's the law!"  Lifespans vary
according to many factors, but the mortality of all living things is not in
question, hence Doug's statement is insupportable.  That's not to say I don't
find the desire to eat healthy a laudable exercise.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

multipart/alternative
  text/html