Re: [pct-l] sending money in the mail

Credit works fine in every stop except the Mt. Laguna Store, which you will
likely arrive at first anyway.  If you can have somebody pay your credit
card from your account while you are away, I think it is the best way to go.
Plus, if you use a Visa/Money Card, you can take cash withdrawals at most
stores.  I never had a problem except at the Mt. Laguna store where I had to
purchase a money order at the post office in order to purchase food at the
store.

Here is the information from the Post Office regarding money orders.  One
problem I see with money orders is that small stores would not want to cash
a large money order for a small purchase because they would have to make so
much change.  Probably not a big concern, but something I would think about.

  Money Orders

You should never send cash through the mail. Postal money orders are a safe
way to send money. The special color blend, Benjamin Franklin watermark,
metal security thread, and double imprinting of the dollar amount are
incorporated security features. You can buy domestic and international money
orders at all post offices in amounts up to $700. You can purchase multiple
money orders at one time in the same or different amounts. There is a
$10,000 daily purchase limit, and customers who purchase more than $3,000 in
money orders in a single day are required by federal law to complete Form
8105-A, Funds Transactions/Transfer Report. Military money orders can be
purchased only on U.S. military ships and foreign bases.

If your money order is lost or stolen, you must present your customer
receipt to apply for a replacement. For a small fee, you can obtain a copy
of a paid money order up to 2 years after the date that it is paid.

To:            <pct-l@edina.hack.net>